Saturday 2 September 2006

As you age ...

Today a wise woman told me the following as we
compared the complexities of middle aged women.

“As you age you become the distilled essence of
what you always were.”

This lovely lady drives past five post offices to do her
posting and purchasing at the best post office in Sydney.
We were horrified as we witnessed one of our kind, perform
with her curt manner, totally lacking in any mirth on a bright
Saturday morning when the staff were going out of their way
to make everyone cheerful. As the staff dealt with this middle
aged horror we glanced at each other in the queue, we knew
we were on the same wave length.
Outside we chatted and wondered what middle age does to
some women to make them such right cows?

For years I’ve put the attitude of these witches down to a lack
of hormone replacement. Have you noticed how their mouths
purse, how they always whinge despite usually being way better
off materially, than you or I might ever be? Have you noticed
amongst their miserableness they lack a sense of humour
especially, when it is a joke about themselves, how many of
them are experts at backstabbing, empire building and ‘running
with the hares and hunting with the hounds’, in other words
playing their cronies against the each other?

The majority of these women adore back stabbing, survive
on playing the victim, always trying to out do the members
of their clique and appear aghast at any insinuation that they
are ever in the wrong or are harbouring any of the atrocious
mannerisms I’ve described. Trust me, I've known them!!

Me … well I say it like it is. Am renowned for being funny,
forthright, friendly and yes, I took my hormone replacement!

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails