Friday 27 February 2009

Sunday Scribblings #152 ... LOST ...



My previous post reminds me of how losing things, obvious things, everyday things, increases with age hence my cynical suggestion that a small keepsake purse might have been a good idea at surgery.


Women in our great grandmothers era wore a chatelaine round their waist. What a splendid idea. A belt with the then necessaries of life attached. The scissors, pencil, thimble, keys, watch, spectacles all suspended from an individual chain. Todays chatelaine might have your mobile phone, digi camera, credit cards and other essentials in easy reach yet individually attached so as to never become lost!


How can you put keys down, glasses, scissors, a pen, the lid of a jar or bottle, an implement that you’re in the process of using and in one nano second they’re lost?


Is it age? Is one side of your brain slowing down? Does someone have an answer?


This week I’ve lost my right thyroid and the attached 2.6cm nodule, as well as my keys, the cover to both my camera and mobile phone, two sheets of paper with addresses written on them plus my reading glasses … please don’t reply till the glasses turn up!

15 Comments:

Granny Smith said...

I hope you've found your glasses, so that you can read the comments from elderly folk such as I am. The refrains around our house are "Where is my...?" and "Have you seen my...?"

I hope you are recovering well from the loss of right thyroid and nodule.

I have two small bags with over-the-shoulder cords that have been given to me - one from Thailand and one especially knit for purposes such as you describe. Unfortunately my cell phone takes up most of the room in whichever of them I choose to use.

Lucy said...

this is so well written red and so damn true! most days I lose one thing or another. Thankfully never body parts!.. YeT! hope u heal quickly and all is well.
:)

Sherri B. said...

I can so relate to this! The worst is when I misplace my 'to do' list...this happens on a regular basis. Maybe I'm losing it subconsciously on purpose?

floreta said...

i always lose things too. especially socks.

linda may said...

G'Day, Get well soon.I misplace things all the time too. Silly little things. It is worse if I am stressed. So there is an excuse for you.

paisley said...

it better be age,, cuz if its not i am truly and completely going insane!!!!!

myrtle beached whale said...

What's that you are saying? I seem to have misplaced my mind.

Tumblewords: said...

A blank rectangle here and I've forgotten what I was going to say. Dagnabbit. It just happens, it does. Please take care. Hope you are feeling fine!

Overeducated Twit said...

I like the idea of a chatelaine. I think mine would have my cell phone, a crochet hook, my foldable scissors, and, if possible, a super- small portable paperback book :).

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

It can't be a function of age because I've had the same problem since I was a young'un. It's why I'm super-diligent about always putting the important items in the same place, every time. As my husband well knows, a good way to scare me half to death is to move something.

It only looks like clutter...

Larraine said...

I don't even what to think about some of the things I've lost.....

danni said...

for me it was blonde moments at regular intervals, but i no longer dye, so that went down the tubes to be replace by senior moments - i'm chronologically challenged, a handy term to use when i'm just never mindful enough to take care of things in an orderly fashion - multi tasking is not my strong suit - it just means i'm running around in circles not accomplishing much --- your post was great - i can soooooo relate!!! - take care, best wishes for wellness for you ---

Roan said...

I'm always losing something. Be well. Enjoyed your post, especially the last paragraph.;)

Marguerite said...

I can certainly identify with this! I agree with Fledgling Poet..the worst thing to lose is my "to do" or any list, for that matter. Great post.

Megha said...

I share your problem. Sometime I forget some obvious things too :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails