Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Is this my next home ... if only = Shelf-Pod by architect Kazuya Morita

MJ asked "is this my new home?"
not for everyone ... perfect for Moi!

The story is ...
Shelf-pod is the creation of architect Kazuya Morita, who converted just about every available surface of a home's interior into shelves for a man who was having trouble housing his extensive book collection. The space in Moruguchi City, Japan, provides maximum storage space without sacrificing the openness of the room ... more here 

3 Comments:

Cinda said...

Hi Cherie! It's been ages but I love this post. I love books and if I could I would have a floor to ceiling bookshelf in each room of the house. I don't have that much room these days so my dream bookshelves have become virtual bookshelves in my iPod for all my e-books.

This is apartment is inspiring for all book lovers! Nothing beats reading a real book with real pages :)

Lyndel said...

OMG Cherie NO! I have enough trouble dusting the bookshelves we have already! But have to agree, the perfect 'shelving' home.

grrl + dog said...

it IS your house,
if your house was enlarged by three, but the walls of shelves ,well they are a dream.

Must chat to the man about this

Related Posts with Thumbnails