Thursday 1 April 2010

My Creative Space ... did you know?

... you can throw used neck ties holus bolus in the wash on a normal cycle?
Always save the thread, the innards and the label as you unpick each tie.
It takes 30 minutes to iron 18 ties?
You need to fill your steam iron four times in each 30 minutes?
That the stench when the hot iron hits the washed ties is probably from the make up of the fabric ...
or the dregs of the years of dry cleaning chemicals each tie was subjected too! 
My girls agreed the stench was old smoke, old after shave, the smell of a dirty collar, the dregs, aroma or the scungey dribble of a sunday roast or some other culinary delight that nothing could remove from the front some ...
no way ...
this anal Virgo washes every single neck tie after a looong soak in Vanish ...

silk or polyester all in together ...
ironing is an arduous task ...
NOT ANY MORE ...
Happy Easter to me!

4 Comments:

MooBear Designs said...

Wow... I didn't know any of that at all. I don't iron unless it's for fabric. My husband works from home and I am ok with casual dress... I actually refashioned all his work ties so he couldn't go back to work hehe... Happy Easter Too!!!

xo Steph

The Organic Paddock said...

Yay for you! Love the tie story..what do they become? Thanks for your sweet words on my blog, I really appreciate your thoughts, it gives me a real buzz! Hope your Easter is super sweet and full of love & fun xo

Pam said...

lol. Good for you Cherie. It is indeed a Happy Easter for you.

Sally said...

what are you planning to do with all those ties???

Related Posts with Thumbnails