Friday 21 May 2010

Photo Friday Challenge ::: The Family ...

~ My Family ~
Four Generations ... 
Photo taken about 1919...
from left to right ...
My Great-Great-Grandmother Sussanah ...
My Great-Grandmother Helena Beatrice ...
My Aunt Ebe about 7 years old ~ she recently celebrated her 98th birthday ...
Aunt Ebe is next to her Mum, My Grandmother Ethel Beatrice, my Dad's Mum.
  My Grandma lived till 93 years young. 
A wise, softly spoken, gentle, Virgo woman, clever with needle and 
thread who taught me the value of other people's junk!
Aren't they gorgeous?
I often say I'm blessed ...
to own this beautiful photo makes my heart sing.
Hooray ~ there's a big chance longevity is on my side!

Go HERE to see more Photo Friday Family Challenges ... mine is #90 on the list.   

2 Comments:

sandra said...

I love that you have that photo and you actually know who they all are. So often records are not kept and we have old photos of 'somebody' in the family!

angelina said...

i so much love this. why are the ladies on the left wearing black? i love old photos, your generations long gone in the past...you can look back at them as you remember stories told, and then pass it all along yourself.
xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails