Saturday 11 June 2011

Hells Kitchen Flea = big day tomorrow = when I was there + Oh to be there now ...

If I could be anywhere this weekend ...
I'd be at Hells Kitchen Flea ...
where the gourmet food trucks ...
like Luke's Lobster ...
and organic, vegan, Cinnamon Snail ...
are going to spice it up on Sunday June 12 !!!
No food trucks when I was there a few weeks ago ...
but ...
my soujourn to HKFM took my breath away ...
yet again trusty camera in hand ...
gave me the excuse to OMG, to stand, to catch my breath ...
to realise I was actually there was overwhelming ...
a beaded chair ...
yes completely beaded ...
stopped me in my tracks ...
the amount of stuff ...
that most people call rubbish ...
had me OMG-ing to the max ...
HKF isn't a huge area ...
but the stuff was amazing and so very cheap ...
this gorgeous lady had great oriental stuff ...
huge chunks of old coral $1.00 a piece ...
silly me bought some ...
only to later realise ...
customs would never allow it in to Australia ...
look under her table ...
rear left hand side ...
see the brown antique leather hat box?

She sold it to me for $10.00 ...
OMG ...
I decided I'd use it as my aircrft carry on bag ...
but ...
by the time we got to LA ...
I was so over it ...
I gifted it to a lovely gal named Pearl ...
she was gob smacked ...
about the faux tortoise shell bracelet I gave her too!

Oooo how I adore a market where I lose all commonsense ...
I'll show you my flea market purchases ...
when my exhibiton is fini.

I'm going to lurk at Flea Speech for way too long ...
OMG I love this site!!!

OK, I'd love to know ...
where would you like to be this weekend??

2 Comments:

deebell09 said...

WOW Great photos and they way your describing everything i feel as if im there.. I would have gone mad with those vases and cannisters..

Canace said...

Hmmm.... Hells Kitchen/High Falls.... Hells Kitchen/High Falls. You make it a tough choice Miss Cherie!
I'm off to High Falls tent sale... tried to talk Larry & Jeff into leaving the big truck in my driveway last night, but no go. :o(
Again, wish you were here to go with us!
OMG that lobster looks soooooooo good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails