Monday 6 June 2011

You're invited ... "Making an Exhibiton of Myself" ... June 22- 26 2011, 11am ~ 4pm ...


These cards will be ready to be found out and about this week ... 
plus I made it to page 19 of the Chrissie Cotter program booklet ...
Taaa Daaa ...

Cherie Thompson has spent the past 66 years searching for
her creative self. She urges you to come to this exhibition
to see if she has found it. She celebrates the beauty
of recycling with her “scrounged treasures” that have
become her muse and inspiration.


Her mixed media art is from the collected, purchased,
scrounged and fossicked. Found objects, antique fabric,
antique linens, jewellery, ephemera, plastic shopping
bags, haberdashery and hardware are turned into wall
art, depression glass stands and assemblage pieces.
Making an Exhibition of Myself will give new life and
beauty to discarded objects

I'm scared to bits ...
till I remember how bad 14 hours flying is!

The years of collecting and creating are coming to fruition ...
at
The Chrissie Cotter Gallery, Pidcock Street, Camperdown ...

June 22 ~ 26, 2011 ~ from 11am ~ 4pm ...
love to see you there!

7 Comments:

Jackie said...

Good Luck Cherie, not that you need it! Take lots of photos for us won't you? xxx

Cathie said...

yay you!! how exciting Cherie ♥

Sally said...

How wonderful Cherie... I so wish I could be there. I am so thrilled for you. Don't be scared. Enjoy!

Faye said...

Cherie, this is going to be wonderful... Wow!!! It all sounds so exciting, and I will be making every effort to be there, not sure which day though... I'll let you know... FDS

Canace said...

I'm so excited for you Cherie! I'm dying to see what you've created too, so you'll have to post lots of pictures after your show.. k? :o)

Remember... just have fun!

Fee said...

It is going to be wonderful - Take heaps of pics so I can see too.

Hugs - Fee XX

Lyndel said...

wonderful news Cherie, only wish I could be in Sydney to see it...♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails