Sunday 21 August 2011

Sunday Selection = Catskill Mountains = Upstate NY = Birch trees + more ...

Still in US mode ...
as I compose this.

Being in the Catskills in May 2011...
was more than I ever imnagined ...
yep I was ecstatic seeing an actual Catskills sign ...
the views were magic ...
being the tree lover I am ...
I was enthralled seeing my first Birch ...
up close it was more beautiful ...
the white bark, like someone had white washed the trunk ...
so tooo the lichen covered bark ...
colours and textures ...
entranced me!

I'll let you know when I find out the species of this beauty.

Hope your weekend has been as splendid as mine!


4 Comments:

amanda said...

Thanks for stopping by, Cherie :)

We've been out playing with lichen today, miss 4 was impressing Dadda with knowledge of moss, so he gave her some lichen to feel. It such an odd kind of colour, but will always catches the eye, doesn't it? :)

Veronica Foale said...

The views are definitely amazing.

frog ponds rock... said...

lovely, lovely lovely

Canace said...

Ahhhh! I remember that day! That's when I took you over the Shawangunk Mountain (my mountain) up to Cragsmoor to see the Stone Arch Church. The view is of Ellenville and the Catskill Mountains.

What a fun day!

When ya comin' back? ;o)
(I'm gonna have to talk to Jus)

Related Posts with Thumbnails