Monday 10 March 2008

Writers Island - RISING ...

After pondering all weekend here's my paltry, diatribe ...

My initial thought was Marilyn Monroe's rendition of Heatwave ... with the line 'temperatures rising, it isn't surprising' ... nah I turfed that idea ... I've done songs to death on prompts!

Rising ... my thoughts turned to yeast, bread making, beer brewing ... Google, enlightened me ...

The word "yeast" comes from the Sanskrit 'yas' meaning "to seethe or boil". Yeast is a living organism and is in the air around us. It is a member of the fungus family and is a single-celled fungi of which there are about 160 different species. Baker's yeast as well as brewer's yeast belong to the Saccharomyces cerevisiae species. Louis Pasteur in the 1850's is credited with first discovering and understanding the fermentation process which led to the development and cultivation of the yeast we use ...

Ooops ... off on a tangent ... this reminded me of my loathing of yeast. How it's become the scourge of women ... how university studies are concentrating on the rising tide of yeast infections ... the bloating, the allergies, the upset tummy ... jeepers creepers was this heading down the the Candida aka yeast infection path?

No way ...

... so for now let's remember Candida as the one of the hilarious characters created by gorgeous Aussie comedienne Jean Kitson , George Bernard Shaw's Candida or as the chosen name of drag queens around the world ...

... not that the incidence of candida/fungal/yeast infections are rising!

6 Comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Laughing! Lots of risings going on - that might make a good song. Great post!!

little wing writer said...

ahhh, my mind turns in somersaults laughing considering your thoughtful post... thank you

paisley said...

the end of this has me rolling... candida!!!! i can sing the song by tony orlando and dawn.. hees a link if you wanna really good laugh!!!!!

candida

Anonymous said...

Thanks Heaps Sue & Littlewing ...

Paisley .. Waaaaaaaaaaaa ... ROFLOL ... OMG how could I have forgettne that gem - made my day Baby ... Haaaaaaaaaaaa

Lucy said...

Red, Only you can take us from the image of bread rising..... to the dreaded yeast infection! Makes me look at my morning toast in a whole new light.
haha yulk.

UL said...

oh you took rising to a whole new level...superb as always.

Related Posts with Thumbnails