Sunday 16 March 2008

Writers Island ... SPELLBOUND

My trusty 1995 lexicon told me spellbound = attentive, captivated ... not the expected definition.

The last time I was spellbound... was over a tender, succulent steak sandwich, oozing with avocado, carrot and beetroot devoured for lunch on a busy day out. I told the chef it was better than sex ... he told me I wasn't doing it right ...

Other spellbound times that spring to mind ...

Enthralled meeting MJ for the first time ...

Overcome seeing Ma Bella for the first time ...

Carried away at a John Farham Concert ...

Captivated at the theatre to see 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert', transported seeing 'The Lion King' ...

Smitten finding another addition for one of my collections ...

I'm spellbound, allured and fascinated by what most see as the ordinary or the mundane ... you could say I'm spellbound about life, the whole deal ... try it you might like it!

7 Comments:

paisley said...

i do so love your spirit!!! how i wish you lived closer... i think we could be great friends......

Rambler said...

"I'm spellbound, allured and fascinated by what most see as the ordinary or the mundane "

thats a great gift..

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

lol. Your chef is a hoot!

anthonynorth said...

It is the writer's craft to make the mundane scary, exciting, hilarious ... forbidden.

Robin said...

I think the chef's right. Now if it had been a four cheese pasta dish on the other hand...

Anonymous said...

I am often spellbound by a succulent steak sandwich myself. Forget witchcraft. And I agree, it IS better than sex. Hehehe. Goood one.

Anonymous said...

Great piece! I really liked your first bit - partly because I'm a chef and secondly because I love steak!. But I have to agree with his remark!

Related Posts with Thumbnails