Saturday 9 June 2007

No more off colour ...

An explosion happened in my mind on Thursday! I heard about the beauty of colour, the need for the bold, the freedom of bright, the excitement, the mood changing, the visually exciting, how hues of colour can be life changing, alter my way of thinking and looking at life ... look out!

Society has deemed we should conform, especially the use of colour. Now I want pink, orange and red, together all in the one place! Compare the drawings of kids! Notice the way they use colour ... no rules, no conformity, no restrictions, yet as we grow we're expected to tone down!

We're told blue and green should never be seen, we're shown a colour wheel, we're taught that certain colours go with certain colours, usually by a teacher in a beige cardigan! My Grandma repeatedly told me "blue and green should never be seen". Why didn't I ask "when the the sky touches the horizon is that wrong"? I'm excited, I'm on the hunt for colour ...

Look at what elizabeth lundberg morisette does with found objects from other people ... visual feasts of colour.


The teeth on the zippers in my collection are chattering, they're scared ...

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails