Sunday 17 February 2008

Sunday Scribblings & Writers Island, TIME MACHINE

The often theoretical and much discussed definition of time travel as the concept of moving to and/or fro in different points in time through space, for me, in reality is too far fetched. Fascinating theory if it’s jollied up for kids stories as a some brilliant scribes have written in this episode of Writers Island …

My interpretation of time travel encompasses the journeys we take in life. To-ing and fro-ing, emotional wrangling, physical constraints, times of life, personal experiences, the listening and hearing of other people’s spatial perceptions make a conglomerate of accomplishments to astound, educate and delight. That’s my kind of time travel.

The rest is a bunch of gobbledogook derived by thinkers with too much time on their hands. Check out the grandfather paradox … what did that dude eat the day he made that one up? Worse still academics are arguing the hogwash … cynical, yep that’s me.


Cyber space is as close to the theorised perspective of time travel I’ll get!! To know it’s Sunday here, yet only Saturday on the other side of the world where someone is reading my writing is cool. That’s the kind of time travel I’ll contemplate knowing we’re all travelling in time from the now to the immediate … enough of that codswallop, enjoy your journey if you get in one of those new fangled time machines otherwise ... what’s for dinner … or is that breakfast for YOU???

27 Comments:

paisley said...

i am with you.. i keep my time travel simple....and that grandfathers paradox???wtf???

Anonymous said...

I somewhat agree. I feel each moment of our lives, we are travelling through time.

BTW, you link at WI takes back to the WI page!

seeds travelling tthrough time

Tumblewords: said...

Cool perception! Time is here now, wherever it is. Enjoyed your post!

Lucy said...

codswallop, gobbledogooke, hogwash
You have THE best vocabulary! haha great point of view!

Crafty Green Poet said...

You're right, the contradictions that would ensue if time travel were possible make it unlikely,

Preethi said...

oh yes keep it simple.... lovely take!!

Here is my take - I live On...

UL said...

tea at my end... :) bet breakfast for you :) as alwys you say it so well

UL said...

tea at my end... :) bet breakfast for you :) as alwys you say it so well

Jeques said...

I just came from the Philippines, from my recent home-coming last month and it is really fascinating how time zones are different in other sides of the world - and that is time travel.

I left the Philippines at 12:30 Midnight of February 1, had a 6 hours stop over in Korea, left at 11:30 AM February 1 and arrived in Chicago 9:00 AM still february 1. But if we count the time, we actually travelled a total of 24 hours. Isn't that astonishing? And oh, when you're up their in the plane you will witness a number of sunrise and sunsets - that I can't even tell anymore what it was.

I wish you well.

~ Jeques

Rambler said...

I like your idea od travelling to the immedeate..

little wing writer said...

great post... yeppers, it's lunchtime...

Rob Kistner said...

Great post... I like your take on the prompt. ;)

myrtle beached whale said...

I double dipped the prompt too. Well done.

anthonynorth said...

I've often wondered if time travel will eventually come through experiencing virtual reality images based on computer models of how we think the past was, and predictions of what the future will be.
Then again, I might be a thinker with too much time on my hands :-)

Robin said...

Friday night now here in Israel.

I've always longed for a time machine. I'd love to visit a medieval fair, or see the pageantry and wonders of the Renaissance while they were still fresh and new...

Sherry said...

BONUS!! Redness, for everyting you said!! I echo your sentiments and you said it oh so very well!!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I never thought of what are doing right now as time travelling! I'm in the UK and I've just got up. I suppose you'll be off the land of nod. Nice piece.

Granny Smith said...

Great post! I think time IS the machine, moving us inexorably forward in one direction only. I always enjoy your down-under take on the prompts.

Lucy said...

as always when I visit you... I am smiling and entertained! great perspective on time travel! I am about to eat dinner Red... It's 5:00 pm in Ny! :))

Anonymous said...

Your voice in this piece made me smile and laugh. I tend not to entertain too many thoughts on time travel myself, but I appreciate them as yet another way to escape the hum-drums in great literature.

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. I actually like the whole concept of time travel.

paisley said...

just stopped by for another read.. sometimes you make so much logical sense... i have to read it twice!!!! thanks for that....

Barbara said...

I love, "to-ing and fro-ing"... good golly, I do enough of that to fill a life. Wait a minute! I am afraid I have filled my life with it!

Anyway, thanks for the post. You are right on.

aMus said...

hey... to think i too thought in those lines, though not as well as you've said it here...:)

and the granfather's paradox is scary...another reason not to travel back in time...;)

Heather said...

So true! The internet is the best sort of time machine. Love your post -- and happy to have the "time machine" to see it! ;o)

Thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy your comments!

Pirate Princess said...

Very creative. It's nice to meet someone that lives in the "now". :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't that true, that we live so much of our lives planning and preparing for the future, or worse, living in the past without moving on. You're right, the greatest time travel is to live in the present. Well done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails