Wednesday 8 February 2006

Blogging AW Week 3.

For someone who leads a charmed, placid life time flys and I've not kept up to date about AW. I'm taking my time and savouring it. I've not missed doing the Morning Pages. Day 26 has been done and the first book is almost full.
Week three annoyed me. Dredging up old stuff about childhood found me turning the page thinking, been there, done that, OVER IT! Nothing more to be accomplished by going there. Nothing about my creative self lurks there.....Ha....maybe that is the lesson methinks.... a lightbulb moment??? Mmm AW is working it's mysterious ways.

The Detective Work Exercise was interesting.

The aim was restore the person we had abandoned - the child.

1. Favourite childhood toy ... doll Jennifer
2. Favourite childhood game ...
3. The best movie I saw as a kid ...
4. I don't do it much but I enjoy ... walking along shoreline of the beach.
5. If I could lighten up a little, I'd let myself ... WOT THa??
6. If it weren't too late ... it's not too late!
7. My favourite musical instrument is ... piano.
8. The amount of money I spend treating myself to entertainment each month is ... plenty!
9. If I weren't so stingy with my artist, I'd buy her ... nothing she's got everything she needs!
10. Taking time out for myself is ... a joy!
11. I'm afraid that if I start dreaming ... then I'm Over It !
12. I secretly enjoy reading ... toilet walls!
13. If I had a perfect childhood I'd have grown up to be ... someone horrible!
14. If it didn't sound so crazy, I'd write or make ... a sows ear into a silk purse!
15. My parents think artists are ... weird!
16. My god thinks artists are ... sensational!
17. What makes me feel weird about this recovery is ... these annoying questions.
18. Learning to trust myself is probably ... normal!
19.My most cheer me up music is ... John Farnham
20. My favourite way to dress is ... not like everyone else!

See what I mean???

The exercises were a pain in the posterior. There's no dreamer in me, I'm all realist hence the annoyances.
Like...
Describe 3 traits you liked in yourself as a child...
A good speller, good at composition and good in the school plays........trust me there was nothing else.

Name 5 childhood accomplishments...
Topped the half yearly exams in Domestic Science aka Cooking.
Played the paino
Was good at stealing threepences and sixpences out of my grandmothers' stash ... no way was I going to be the only kid without money to spend!
Stumped for any more...........

Name 5 foods from your childhood
Fish & chips from the fish shop at Bondi
I was given a saucepan and sent to the chinese restaurant next door to my grandmothers to buy a serve of Sweet & Sour Pork ... that was take away 1950s style.
Buying Cream Buns with Jam in the centre, dusted with icing sugar from the school tuck shop.
Meat Pie and sauce with the stolen cash!
Vanilla Slices.

The exercises went on to Habits ... Who Me ???

I'll get back to you shortly for now ~ enough is enough!

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails